Content kindly provided by www.hotbincomposting.com
Organic Compost in 90 Days by Recycling Your Food and Garden Waste
Looking for an easy way to start composting or a more efficient way to tackle your existing heaps? The HOTBIN composter may be for you!
Easy to use, the compact HOTBIN has a 200 litre capacity yet occupies the same space as a wheelie-bin. Steaming away at up to 60°c the HOTBIN speeds up your food and garden waste recycling producing compost in just 30-90 days.
The HOTBIN comes with a number of useful accessories to help produce your own rich, crumbly compost.
Add waste into the HOTBIN with a bulking agent for aeration and shredded paper to balance moisture. Then watch the heat rise on the thermometers and see how quickly your waste pile reduces!
How does composting work in the HOTBIN?
Simply: Add kitchen and garden waste to your HOTBIN, get rich compost out.
In a nutshell (yes you can compost those as well), the HOTBIN is an aerobic compost bin that gets HOT.
When we say HOT, we are talking about temperatures of between 40-60°c; it’s this heat that allows bacteria to break waste down into compost in just 30 – 90 days, not to mention killing off weed seeds and pathogens!
To reach these temperatures you need to feed the bacteria in the bin and provide them with oxygen. In the HOTBIN you can feed them with a wider variety of waste than traditional cold composting heaps and divert more waste from landfill in the process. Pretty good!
Simply add anything from cooked food to garden waste then add some bulking agent and shredded paper or torn corrugated cardboard to the mix to keep the air flowing inside the bin. Once the bacteria are happily eating away, the heat in the HOTBIN will rise and the compost will follow.
All of this without an untidy compost heap, back breaking turning and stinky odours thanks to the integrated bio-filter minimising them and reducing the attraction of vermin and flies to the bin.
In 30-90 days from when you are hot composting, depending on the type of compost you would like, simply remove the front hatch and harvest your high quality HOTBIN compost. Job done!
TOP HOTBIN COMPOSTING TIPS
1. Locate your HOTBIN on a hard, flat surface. This discourages animals from nesting underneath the bin.
2. Ensure it is closed. Cam straps should be secured around the hatch. Any gaps in the door/lid seal will result in loss of heat and the emission of detectable odours.
3. Keep your HOTBIN clean at all times. Ensure no food waste is left around the lid, hatch and door edges. This will help contain odours which may attract vermin and foxes.
4. Look after your HOTBIN. Avoid using strimmers, rakes and other garden tools around the HOTBIN. Do not use tools to lever off the hatch.
5. Take care of accessories. Keep tools and user guide together for easy reference.
For more information, go to provided by www.hotbincomposting.com